This Candidate Data Privacy Notice (the "Privacy Notice” or “Notice”) explains how PT Gravel Teknologi Indonesia or its affiliate(s) ("Company", "we", "us" or "our") collect and use personal information about your personal data and what privacy rights you have.
The term "you," “your”, or "Candidate" in this Privacy Notice refers to anyone who applies for a job role or open position at the Company or uses our careers websites, including our career page.
It is important that you read all this Notice carefully. Please note that this Candidate Privacy Notice does not create or form part of any employment contract or otherwise.
1. Personal information we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you as listed below:
- your personal details including your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers
- your photograph
- marital status
- information included on your resume/CV/application including qualifications, references, education history and employment history
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements and your future expectations
- information about selection decisions for your application including shortlisting, interview notes, and personality profiles
2. If you fail to provide personal information
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data during the recruitment process. However, suppose you do not provide sufficient information necessary for us to assess your application (such as proof of qualifications or work experience). In that case, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
3. How the personal information is collected
The firm collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as employment or recruitment agencies, former employers when gathering references, credit reference agencies or background checks where appropriate.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
4. How will the firm use information about you
The Company will use the personal information we collect about you to:
a. Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role.
b. Decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you
c. Make decisions about salary and other benefits
d. Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
e. Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
f. Keep records related to our hiring processes.
g. Keep in touch with you for future employment opportunities.
h. Deal with legal claims made against us.
i. Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to a role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that vacancy.
5. Personal information sharing
We may share your personal information with the Company’s personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring processes.
We will share your personal information with other entities in our group as part of our regular reporting activities on company performance, in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise, for system maintenance support and/or hosting of data.
We may share your personal information with different governmental authorities, institutions or agencies (or similar), or insurance companies where required by law for the purpose of their regulatory tasks. We may also need to share your personal information with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
We may share your personal data with third-party service providers processing data on behalf of the Company.
We may share your personal information with other third parties, e.g., service providers, suppliers, customers and business partners to fulfill our contractual obligations. In such cases we limit personal data shared to the absolute minimum required.
We may share your personal information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent.
6. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a need-to-know basis, i.e., who need the access in order to fulfill the tasks and duties relating to service provision. All service providers are permitted to process your personal data based on our instructions, they are subject to a duty of confidentiality, and they are required to be compliant and demonstrate compliance with our policy and relevant applicable data protection Laws.
Our IT systems are protected against unauthorized access with various levels of controlled and password protected access rights.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means. Therefore, any transmission remains at your own risk.
7. Data Retention
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If your application is not successful, we will keep your data for the purpose of contacting you for future work opportunities for a period of one year once the recruitment exercise ends. At the end of this period, we will delete or destroy your data, unless you grant us specific consent to our processing of your data for a further period.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice as issued by the Company from time to time.
8. Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are collecting and using it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to use it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of collecting and using your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the usage of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw the consent. In circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
In order to meet your request, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Exercising your rights is free from charges. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to refuse to fulfill or charge a reasonable fee for fulfilling several similar consecutive requests or requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. We are also entitled to decline requests on statutory grounds in which cases we will inform you of such decline including the grounds for the decline.
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates.